9.8.14

Envelope Patterns #3, #4 & #5

Envelope Pattern #3
"A white light showed Tammuz the way, guided him upward, calling the god home, bringing him to the golden sun, a radiant drop of honey, the symbol of beautiful Ashana, his sweet salvation, the brilliant daylight, whispering his name, marking his path, the way shone as Tammuz walked."

Envelope Pattern #4
"Fierce lions stalked the quivering lamb, seeking to sate their bloody hunger, sent to the disaster of Inar the shepherd by cruel An-shalad, the devious god of strife. Preying upon the weak mortal Inar, An-shalad, wishing to sate his cruelty, violent and callous, stalked the quivering shepherd."

Envelope Pattern #5
"Bravado and arrogance will only lessen my desire to aid you," scoffed the wizard.
"Very well," said the warrior, his boast complete, "then I shall demonstrate my skill and valour in martial feats,"
"You have no need, for I am certain those will not convince me either," the wizard said, "I can tell that you are accomplished in battle, the victor of brawls and the slayer of men. These things still do not encourage me to give you aid however."
"Then if neither mighty words nor mighty acts can sway you, what will win me your aid?" cried the warrior, desperate now.
The wizard smiled and gently spoke, his challenge complete, "Humility. For you have shown me that you do not know all or speak all. All people have need of allies, for none are great. I will aid you now, though I had scoffed before."

No comments:

Post a Comment